Dear Parents of 5th and 6th grade,
It's school time again! I am very happy to have your child in my classroom. I believe that by all of us working together we can make this a very successful year. I consider it of prime importance that you be an active part of your child's education. My goal is to help students to become active in their education so they enjoy learning new ideas and concepts that they can take with them throughout their educational career.
The following is a list of goals that I have set for myself this year. I will make every effort to live up to these goals:
- I will greet students each morning with a smile, and will be generous with my smiles throughout the day.
- I will look for opportunities to reward and praise students for their work and good behavior.
- I will try to make classroom instruction as interesting as possible and look for new and diverse ways of presenting materials.
- I will maintain a positive atmosphere for learning.
- I will make myself available and approachable to students.
- I will recognize the individuality of my students and will provide opportunities for each of them to experience success. I pledge to work torward making this a very successful year for us all.
In science this year, we will have many STEM and Science lab activities for both 5th and 6th grade. We will use our knowledge from reading our science books and apply it to the many activities and concepts we will learn about. 6th grade will work on science fair this year. 5th grade will have a project for science this year.
As always at AJLA, the 5th/6th grade team will be expecting all students to follow class and school guidelines for behavior and work. As well, I hope that you will advise me if at any time your child has a problem, academic, social, or emotional. I consider it a great privilege and responsibility to be your child's teacher this year, and look forward to meeting each of you.
Mrs. Niranjani Prabhakar