May 26, 2021
Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you everyone for your participation in the renaming school process. The Data Analysis Presentation
provides information on the student, teacher, and staff vote as well as the community survey results. The Local School Council voted Chicago World Language Academy as the top choice for the new school name that was submitted to the CPS Board of Education for an authorization vote on May 26, 2021.
We are excited to announce that the CPS Board of Educaiton voted to authorize renaming Andrew Jackson Language Academy to Chicago World Language Academy!
The next phase of the renaming school process will be rebranding our school. If you are interested in participating in this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
so that you can be included in future planning meetings.
Here is an updated timeline:
- Our students and staff will engage in community-building activities in their homerooms that focus on identifying and defining our school values
- Community meeting on November 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM
- Community presentation on the renaming process and next steps
- In their homerooms, students will begin identifying potential school names, outline why the name was selected, and what values the name represents
- Community meeting on December 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM
- Homeroom teachers will continue to facilitate discussing on renaming process and identifying potential school names, outline why the name was selected, and what values the name represents
- Community meeting on January 25, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- Homerooms narrow down name ideas to three choices
- Classes submit one name and explain why the name was selected and what values the name represents
- Students begin creating slides for suggested names which will be due on February 26, 2021
- Student representatives from each homeroom will give a presentation on their suggested new name at our Local School Council (LSC) on March 15, 2021 at 5:30 PM
- Community meeting on March 17, 2021 at 8:00 AM
- School voting will take place March 17-March 26
- Community feedback through a survey will also be conducted March 17- March 26
- Data collection and review for April presentation to LSC
- Administration and student representatives will give a full presentation on the data collected at our Local School Council (LSC) on April 19, 2021 at 5:30 PM
- Our LSC will vote to rank the final three names and submit the choices to the CPS Board of Education
- Chicago Public School Board of Education will vote to authorize renaming Andrew Jackson Language Academy as Chicago World Language Academy at their regular meeting on May 26, 2021 at 10:30 AM
June - Juy 2021
- Committee will be meeting to work on rebranding
Here are a few media announcements:
I will continue to be in touch with any updates and new details as they are available. In the meantime, if you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out by email email@example.com or by phone at 773-534-7000.